I know it has been a while since I posted last, but it's been an exhausting month, especially exhausting last week.
Two weeks ago, Ryan's teacher had pulled me to the side and told me that Ryan was not acting like himself. He was not participating or having fun. She described him as "weepy" and "tired". Usually, those 2 words do not describe my Ryan. I would take his temperature and he would be normal. I'd ask him if he hurt anywhere and he'd tell me no. Very frusterating. My instincts were telling me he was about to get sick, but nothing physically backed up my feelings. Then last Saturday night, Ryan felt warm to me before I put him to bed. Took his temperature and he was at 99.5. Nothing to bad, but I had a feeling that my instincts were about to be proven true and boy was I right. Ryan woke up at 4am and he was burning up with a 103 fever. But he had no other symptoms of being sick except for the fever. And Ryan only wakes up during the night if he is sick. The kid likes his sleep. Ryan's fever seesawed for a few days. It broke on Tuesday only to return on Wednesday, back up to 103. But it was on Wednesday when the other symptoms showed up and I took him to the doctor. His nose was suddenly a mess and he had the worst cough, which I knew to be the Croup from him having it once before. The doctor confirmed what I already knew, that he had a nasty virus which had to run its course and the Croup, which she prescribed oral steroids for to help Ryan's cough and help him breathe. Ryan seems to finally be turning a corner. His cough is still there, though not as bad and his fever broke for good on Friday. Needless to say, I am very sleep deprived since I have been the one getting up with Ryan and he only started sleeping through the night again on Thursday. From last Sunday early morning to Thursday, I think I had a total of 5/6 hours sleep. Bruce also seems to have caught something, so he is not feeling well also. I just want this virus out of my house!
Now here is some good news! Even though Ryan was not feeling well last Sunday, something clicked in his head with going to the potty. Suddenly he is doing pee in the potty and he finally did poop in the potty. We took a few steps backwards once the Croup came out and I couldn't blame the kid for not wanting to go potty. Funny thing is he does not want to give up his diapers. He goes to the potty and then requests a diaper on. He hates underwear and training pants. Last night Ryan had an accident. He told me he had to go potty and I knew his stomach was hurting. I got him into the bathroom and he tried to sit on the potty, but he was not happy about sitting there. He got up and squatted on the floor, right over my new bath rug and let loose, literally if you catch my drift. What a mess!!! I had to lay the bath rug to rest in the trash b/c there are some things that you just don't clean and say goodbye too.
So that is the update from here. Hope everyone is well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment